Last week was about staying strong in the faith.
- v.17 “the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- v.18 They said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit.”
- 20 Build yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God”
- “wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.”
Read your Bible…Believe in the Lord ONLY
Study your Bible… Trust in the Lord ONLY
Know your Bible… Follow the Lord ONLY
24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, 25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
- This is the doxology.
- Doxology means “a usually liturgical expression of praise to God” according to Webster’s website.
- We have examples of doxologies throughout scripture…some are:
- Romans 11:36 “For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.”
- Galatians 1:3-5 “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
- Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
- Philippians 4:20 “To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
- 1 Timothy 1:17 “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.”
This one here in Jude establishes everything that is right, perfect, and holy concerning our Lord Jesus.
- Jesus is able to keep you from stumbling if you follow Him.
- Jesus is able to present you blameless because He took your sins upon Himself.
- Jesus is full of glory and great joy because in His presence we are forgiven, and loved.
- Jesus is God!
- God the Father
- God the Son
- God the Holy Spirit
- 3 divine persons in 1
- Jesus is our Savior, the one who ransomed himself for sinners.
- Jesus is Lord!
- Because Jesus is Lord to Him belongs glory, majesty, dominion, and authority.
- Jesus has been before time began and will be through all eternity.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heav'nly hosts
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost