You Follow me!
What are you sacrificing to follow Jesus?
- Or are you just living in the world?
- Matthew 19:16-22 “And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.”
Are you decreasing so Jesus can increase?
- John 3:30 “He must increase, but I must decrease.”
- John the Baptist said this.
- The one who wore a garment of camel’s hair and ate locusts and wild honey.
- He said he must decrease so that in him Christ can increase.
- How much more could John the Baptist possibly decrease?
- Notice what John the Baptist didn’t say…
- He didn’t say compare yourself to me
- He didn’t say you have to do what I’m doing
- He said “I must decrease”
- We must tune our hearts to the Lord to know what we must do.
Are you truly, truly, following Jesus?
- Only you know the answer.
- It’s not for me to convict or to condemn you in your walk with Jesus.
- I leave that to the Holy Spirit. I desire only for you to know the Word of the Lord and be prepared when you stand before Him.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.