Jesus explains the greatest love.
- Jesus says there is no greater love than someone who lays down his life for his friends.
- Those who follow Jesus commands are His true friends.
- Those true friends are followers of the ways of Jesus.
- Friends don’t do things for one another out of obligation, instead out of love and respect.
- Friends share everything with each other and put their full trust in one another.
- Jesus has called those who follow Him, His ways, committed to His commands Friends.
- Jesus showed us the greatest example of His love for His friends.
- Jesus laid down His life for us.
- Romans 5:8, “8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Jesus isn’t talking about you dying for me or me dying for you. Jesus did what was necessary and gave His life, died on the cross, for His friends who believe in Him and who follow His ways and commands.
- We did not choose Jesus. Jesus chose us.
- Jesus prunes us so that we can bear much fruit, bear witness to the testimony of Jesus Christ and the love in which Christ displayed for us.